This recipe has become a staple in our house. The new go-to rub or marinade for chicken, beef brisket, and the perfect seasoning for smoked trout.
Adjust the portions based on your need. We like to make it in bulk and save the remainder in our own container for use whenever you need it. On the fly, I’ll cut the quantities back to use for one meal.
If you have a whole farm fresh chicken, this rub is a crowd pleaser. We recently served our freshly butchered chicken, parted and rubbed ahead of time to family and friends. We served 15 and had leftover. (I’ll be using the leftover chicken for tacos!)
Rub on the whole chicken and place in a large ziplock bag ahead of time for premium flavor. Throw the meat on the grill and make no mistake, this recipe is fool proof. This has the perfect balance of sweet with a little kick. If you want little heat, just cut back the quantity of Paprika.
- 1/2 cup paprika
- 1/4 cup fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- (add 1 teaspoon of cayenne if you want extra heat)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Rub evenly on your selected cut of protein (chicken, beef or fish).
- Cover tightly in plastic wrap or a large zip-lock bag. Suggested to refrigerate overnight before cooking for best flavor.
- TIP: If you plan to use the rub for smoked fish, rub on the fish and cover with plastic wrap just an hour or two before smoking. If you let the fish sit too long, it may taste too salty.